Magnecraft, a product range of Schneider Electric is recognized as the most innovative and quality-conscious name in the industry. Founded in 1951 by Herbert Steinback in Chicago, IL, Magnecraft Electric Company began developing relays for industrial applications. They stay ahead by creating the most feature-rich, highest-rated and cost-effective relays, sockets and accessories available
Since 1951, Magnecraft has acquired many valuable relay lines including...
- Electro-Seal Divhision of C.P. Clare in 1972
- Hart-Advance Relay Division of Oak Industries in 1974
- Omega Electric Company in 1977
- Relay Division of Sigma Instruments in 1986
- Commercial Relay Division of Struthers-Dunn in 1990
- Milspec Relay Division of Struthers-Dunn in 1995
- Solid State Relay Division of Grayhill, Inc. in 1999
- Magnecraft Acquires Relay Product Lines from Tyco Electronics
- Schneider Electric Acquires Magnecraft Product Range to Become A Leader in Industrial Relays in 2004
In addition to growth by selected acquisitions, the Company supports an intense commitment to new product development. This stream of new products makes use of solid state, electro-mechanical, and hybrid technologies. All new products share the common thread of having been designed for industrial applications. Therefore, most products are either socket-compatible or DIN-rail compatible and are destined to reside in a control box environment. Indeed, the Company goal is to become THE preferred provider of industrial relays and sockets by offering the broadest family of such feature-rich products available anywhere.