Curtis Industries was founded in 1933 to provide custom manufactured equipment and engineering services to companies throughout the Midwest. In 1937, Curtis produced its first terminal block and, in 1957, its first EMI filter.
In 1979, the firm opened a manufacturing plant in Mexico, south of Tucson. The plant today, located in Nogales, Sonora, has 37,000 square feet of production space, practicing cellular/lean manufacturing. Recently, the company also began an exclusive fabrication agreement with a manufacturer in Dong Guan, China.